According to Digital Marketing Pioneer, Wall Street Journal Best Seller and Linked In Influencer, Ann Handly; “When we create something, we think: ‘Will our Customers thank us for this?’”
We do a lot of work with our Mortgage Broking clients in really trying to nail this with their CONTENT STRATEGY using our simple 4-step Framework:
- WHO are you talking to?
- WHAT do they want to know?
- HOW do they want the info?
- WHEN do they want the info?
WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?
In other words, what is your TARGET MARKET and who is your IDEAL CLIENT?
For example, your TARGET market will be quite broad and might include one or two of the following:
• First Home Buyers
• Next Home Buyers
• Business Owners
By contrast, your IDEAL CLIENT is very specific, for example:
- Doctors, originally from India, Sri-Lanka or the Middle East, who migrated to Australia in the past 5 years and who have secured Permanent residency. Age 35-40, married with a young family seeking to secure their first home in Australia.
- Self-employed ‘tradies’, aged mid-late thirties who live locally and require finance for business equipment and property. Typically married to a School Teacher or Registered Nurse, they have a young toddler with more planned in the next 3-5 years.
WHAT DO THEY WANT TO KNOW?
It is generally accepted that a good content mix is equal parts:
- Brand Content (Who we are; What we do; What we stand for)
- Product Content (The problems we solve; The choices we provide; Interest Rates we offer)
- Target Content (What our clients looks like; Their stories; What they Value)
Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Client Reviews and Testimonials
- Tips, Tricks & Hacks
- Traps to Avoid
- Hidden Secrets
- Outlining your Process
HOW DO THEY WANT THIS INFO?
Thinking about your Ideal Client, HOW do they prefer to digest their information? This will depend on they TYPE of information you are pushing out as content, but typically would include one or more of the following:
- Personalised email
- Social Media (including Private Groups, Stories and DM)
- Self-Serve (Surveys, calculators, Polls)
WHEN DO THEY WANT THE INFO?
This too will depend on the TYPE of information you are pushing out AND the medium you have chosen to use. Consider:
- Daily or Weekly
- Monthly or Quarterly
- Weekdays or Weekends
- Morning, Afternoon, or Evening
- On demand (suits self-serve type of content, see above)
If you would like a copy of our FREE Content Strategy Worksheet, email email@example.com